Thursday 13 June 2013

Group Pictures / Misc. / Hiatus Explanation

Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence. All of the stars have finally aligned (students divided into levels / schedule figured out / classroom prepared / materials printed / big pujas momentarily over), and formal English classes have started!

This means that, while I'm still getting a feel for the classes here (all teaching environments are different, but some teaching environments are more different than others), posts are going to be a little fewer and farther between. Hopefully you can forgive me. To tide you over, here's a few miscellaneous photos. Heavy on the group photos.


(serious group photo, though I can't stop my smiles)


(sad group photo. with mixed success at sad-face making)


(posing, with mountains)


(evening walk, with guitar)


(Sherab's face makes this photo)


(the path up to the monastery, with blue sky)


(Gangtok, off in the distance)


(view from the Institue)


(the sacred syllable OM, in what is about to be 3 different writing systems. written in the flour dusted off of rotis, onto a table in the coffee shop)

As always, I hope you enjoyed the photo and I would love any comments you have to share (and thanks to those who've already done so / keep doing so). Check back, because there's still a whole lot more to come. 

4 comments:

  1. Dear Colin, I am a Mexican student of Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche's and I really don't remember how I got here (must be his fault ;). I really enjoy your posts and photographs - it's a little bit like being in Rumtek too and I love it!!! Thanks a lot and the best of times with your English classes (I've done that too, though not outside Mexico...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colin, I am so happy for you. I was wondering whether you made it or not, and now I know :).
    It's wonderful reading your posts and the photographs are worth a thousand words. Keep them coming. Hugs from Rabat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adela, however you ended up here I am glad to have you! Thanks for commenting, and thanks for the well wishing with the classes. I've taught a bunch before, but never monks, and never groups so large, so I can definitely use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "OM" in the different writing systems. AND that it is written in flour from rotis. I have actually been using it as wallpaper on the lock screen of my phone for the past several days.
    As always, I love the photos. My only complaint is that I wanted and was unable to zoom in on the "sad faces" one! Oversight or deliberate, I found myself wondering. . . .

    ReplyDelete